Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Editing the Commercial

Before the editing process started, I reviewed the notes on how to properly edit the videos. Due to the computers not working today the main thing is reviewing the notes. We do our blogs in pinnacle studios but before we get to that we have to dump. Dump-in includes connecting the SD card to the computer and making available on the computer. Because of the amount of computers not available and time restraint, I decided to upload the footage to my thumb drive and google drive. That way, if anything happened we would still have accessibility to our footage. Luckily, I was thinking ahead of time and being reasonable and added these videos to two different sources. This way we will be set the next time that we try to edit our blog. Also, being considerate, of a member is missing they can easily go to google drive to get the video on the website. A more tangible aspect is having the thumb drive so that we can get access to our videos anywhere. 

The editing process. We will be doing our editing in pinnacle studios. The videos that we have either through our desktop, google drive or thumb drive will be uploaded on pinnacle studios. Because the video was not in DCIM, I went to ACVHD then BDMV then stream to view our video. On the screen, I went to edit screen, file then new movie. There I was able to import the footage. After that process the videos are able to view. As I listened to some of the videos, I was able to choose which videos I wanted. They were already in order and set. I just uploaded the videos  to AV 2. In there we were able to view the videos fully and see where we needed to edit it. 

Because of the time and the computers not working, the cutting process did not start. We saved the actual raw footage of everything together so that later on, we could see our improvement in editing. To cut, it was taking a while. In my notes it states that we should start cutting before the scene we don’t want. There is a razor blade that is visible that you click to edit the overall video. For help, I asked my other members for help but we were confused for a while. We resorted back to our notes to understand but it was still confusing. My plan was to do more research and be prepared for the editing process. I wanted to retry the process of cutting out video and somewhat being close to finishing. That was not able to do so because of the computers not working, sadly. With very hopes by next class we will be able to do our editing properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment