Thursday, November 7, 2019

Final Editing for Commercial

Today I was able to finish the Nike commercial. Because of computer issues two classes ago my group and I, project was pushed back. Out of luck, I was able to still finish our project the way I wanted.  After rewatching all the clips, I chose the best clips that would fit into the group’s commercial. This process was hard because majority of the videos were interesting and good. The biggest problem was check marking the longest videos and then not fitting into the thirty seconds limit. There was no need for extra footage and voice overs. Basically, I was able to use all the footages taken the first day that we recorded and acted out from our storyboard. My group and I gathered around as we decided what was best for our video. At the end of the decision-making process, I cut down our video to fit into the limit of thirty seconds or less. 

Because our videos were all dumped in the folder on our desktop, the process in pinnacle studios started as soon as possible. The videos my group and I chose were dragged into AV 2 in order. As I tried to edit our video, I went back to my notebook to look over the notes we were instructed to take. The cutting process took time. It took a while for me to start cutting. The time wasn't on my side as well which made the editing process confusing. Class ended so cutting our commercial had to continue the next class. Next class, I asked for assistance in cutting. Luckily, I was able to grasp onto the lesson quickly and cut down our commercial to exactly thirty second. I wanted to cut it to at least twenty-five seconds so that I could add more to videos or more elements to enhance the commercial. 

After cutting, I added music. With assistance from my teacher I was taught how to transport sounds from YouTube to mp3 and then downloaded to the computer. The mp3 sound that was downloaded was then transported to the folder on our desktop and imported in pinnacle studios. The audio was dragged into AV 3 and proportioned to the actual footage in AV 2. I detached the audio from some of the videos that had talking involved. That was a bad idea, so we had to refresh everything and start all over. After that we were taught how to use audio to our advantage in pinnacle studios. We leveled the audio from low to high and played loud enough audio in scenes that fit perfectly with the audio. Because I was confused by the audio task, my group mate took over and made everything work. To add a little spice, we added the title “Nike” so that the viewers know exactly what the commercial was about. The title was the last task done and I was able to export the video with the best quality properly and email it to my teacher on time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment