Thursday, January 16, 2020

Start of the final task

Being overwhelmed is an understatement when it comes to my everyday lifestyle. Being more than overwhelmed and staying constantly curious doesn't make it any better. With different perspectives, it's a blessing and a curse. Blessing, because im constantly trying to outdo myself and grow from yesterday but a curse because there's never a time when I can rest. In this world we live in, im somewhat happy im constantly curious. There is always room to grow as a person and with other people. The biggest lesson I’ve learned for the past 18 years, is that we are supposed to experience people( im currently experiencing my group members, Naiya, Namya, and Brandon) and things. That being said, there's no need for ownership or a bad judgement on someone/something, instead it should be lesson. That ties in with curiosity perfectly because I'm constantly on the go and feeling different vibes from things that I can only speak on behalf of. And instead of always being negative or gloomy about something you did, the good way to flip is by saying, ‘at least I experienced it’.


I joined Aice Media because of my curiosity and I don't regret it. So far I believe I have learned every possible thing about the class. From the jump we started with camera angles, shots, movements, sounds, mise-en-scene, editing, film-making process, and how to use movie making programs. Throughout everything my favorite thing to do is editing. That is the stage where I choose which videos are fitting and find ways to integrate the editing skills I learned into the overall video. In the final product, I want to push myself hard enough to see how well my editing skills are. It's pretty easy to edit a commercial and music video because of short they are. This time I have to edit a movie trailer that is two minutes long and I’m up for the challenge. The movie trailer will be filled with everything I learned this year with the right intention. The editing skills will have to be impeccable which is possible with everything that I have learned.


A pitch is a hollywood term used to describe an idea. The film is summarized down to at least 25 words to give an overview and hopefully impress a director. For the movie trailer, the first pitch is “ A young woman was seen reading a book by herself being watched in a library. She then ended up dead in the back of a car. The second pitch is kidnapping a kid at the park, killing that kid then trying to find somewhere to dispose the body ASAP so that more kidnapping and killing can occur. The third pitch is a girl walking up confused about her surroundings because she's trapped in an unknown closet with weird noises coming from the outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment